This article describes how to define your Native Instruments sound card as the standard output device for your Windows computer.
Follow the below steps to set your standard sound card for system-wide audio playback in the Windows Sound Settings:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Sound and click the Playback tab.
- If your sound card has multiple channels, they will appear seperately in the Playback list. Select the output channel you want to use as system output.
- Click Set Default in order to set the selected output as your default system audio output.
- Click OK to confirm your selection.
The list below shows the channels used by the headphone output of each NI audio interface. Select these channels in the Windows sound settings as described above in order to monitor your audio signal through your headphone.
- Output 1 / 2 of the TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 / 10 (shares the same output as MAIN 1 / 2).
- Output 1/ 2 or 3 / 4 of the KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 (if you set the headphone switch to 1 / 2, the master output is routed to the headphone output - no additional settings required).
- Output 3 / 4 of the TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 / S4 / S2 / Z2 / Z1.
- Output 7 / 8 of the AUDIO 8 DJ.
- Output 3 / 4 of the AUDIO 4 DJ.
- Output 1 / 2 or 3 / 4 of the AUDIO 2 DJ / TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 (depends on the system output settings - if 1 / 2 is selected as main output, headphones have to be set to 3 / 4 and vice versa).
- Any output of the AUDIO KONTROL 1 (if you set the headphone switch to 1 / 2, the master output is routed to the headphone output - no additional settings required).