TRAKTOR cannot be started and Windows displays the following error message:
"Cannot find wmvcore.dll / MFPlat.dll. Please reinstall this application"
- You are operating a particular version of Windows called 'N' or 'KN' edition. The installers of Windows N / KN editions do not include the application Windows Media Player, as well as other media-related services.
- At least one of the files "wmvcore.dll" or "MFPlat.dll", which support media playback applications, is missing or corrupted.
Click on the following Microsoft link to download and install the Media Feature Pack / Windows Media Player for your corresponding Windows version. After reinstalling, TRAKTOR will launch normally.
Note: To verify which edition of Windows you are using, click the Start menu, right-click the computer icon and select Properties. You will find this information under Windows Edition.
- Windows 10 N/KN edition: Download Media Feature Pack
- Windows 8 N/KN edition: Download Media Feature Pack
- Windows 7 N/KN edition: Download Media Feature Pack
- Windows Vista N/KN edition:Download Windows Media Player
- Any other Windows edition: Download Windows Media Player