Under specific circumstances your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series Keyboard may not work properly after having updated the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to version 1.5.0 on a Windows 8 or a Windows 10 computer. In this case, you cannot play notes on the hardware keyboard, and the Transport functions will not respond. The Navigate section and the knobs remain functional. This article explains how to ensure your system is affected by this specific issue, which is identified as (Code 19), and how to solve it.
Identifying the (Code 19) Issue
Follow the below steps to ensure you are affected by the (Code 19) issue:
- Connect your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard to your computer and turn its power on.
- Open your Windows Device Manager by right-clicking on the Windows Start menu on the bottom left corner of your Desktop and selecting Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, under Universal Serial Bus devices, find the 2 entries corresponding to your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard. A yellow exclamation mark indicates that the device driver is not working correctly.
- Right-click any of the two entries, and select Properties.
- Go to the General tab of the Properties window, and check the Device status. You are affected by the (Code 19) issue if you see the following error message:
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19)
Solving the Problem
Once you are sure your system is affected by this specific issue, follow these steps to solve it:
- If your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard is connected to your computer, turn its power off.
- Download the "KKBD_Registry_Repair_Code19.bat.zip" file attached at the bottom of this article.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Right-click on the "KKBD_Registry_Repair_Code19.bat" file and choose Run as administrator.
- If the Windows User Account Control asks you if you 'want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?', answer Yes.
- Once the repair script has been executed, you will see the following window. Press any key on your computer's keyboard to continue.
- Turn your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard's power back on.
Your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard will now work as expected.