This article explains how to record an external signal in MASCHINE 1.
- Open the MASCHINE Audio and MIDI Settings (in the File menu), click on the Routing tab and go to the Input section.
- select the inputs on your audio interface the external audio source is connected to. In our example the external source is connected to the inputs 1 and 2 of the audio interface, so we select these inputs for MASCHINE's input channels 1 L and R
- Go to the sampler area in MASCHINE and open the Record tab.
- select Ext to prepare MASCHINE for recording an external source.
- Open the Input menu and select the channels you assigned your external audio source to (see step 2). In our example, we choose Input 1 L+R.
- If the external source is already playing, you will see an amplitude on the level meter. Activate the monitor button to listen to the signal.
- Adjust the Threshold value. When the START button is clicked, recording starts once the input level exceeds the Threshold.
- Click STOP to stop recording. The recorded sample appears in a small box below the waveform window and can be dragged and dropped to Sounds from there or be deleted by clicking on the small X in the upper right corner of the box.