In certain scenarios you might want to route your samples from BATTERY to separate tracks in Sonar, for example if you wish to use different effects for each drum or use the Live volume and panorama controls etc.
Configure BATTERY and Sonar as described below to do this:
- Load a plug-in instance of BATTERY in Sonar and load a Kit in BATTERY.
- Select a Cell, then click the Cell tab.
- Open the Ch (Channel) menu in the lower right corner and choose the channel you wish to send the drum to. In our example, the Cell is routed to Channel 3/4.
Note: By default, all Cells are routed to the Master channels, which means they are played back via the track where BATTERY is loaded.
- Repeat the above step for all Cells you wish to send to separate outputs.
- In Sonar, add as many Audio Tracks as the amount of stereo outputs you selected in BATTERY.
- Select a track and click its I (Input) button in the mixer view. Then select the BATTERY output you wish to route through this track.
- Repeat the last step for all audio tracks and select a different BATTERY output for each track.