This article explains how to sample into MASCHINE from an Audio- or Software Instrument track within Logic Pro.
- Load an instance of MASCHINE on a Software Instrument track.
- Select a Bus as the output of the track you want to sample.
- Open the MASCHINE window and select the same Bus as your Side Chain.
- Go to the sampler area in MASCHINE and open the Record tab, then select Ext. In the Input menu, select Input 1 L+R.
- If the track you want to sample is already playing, you will see an amplitude on the level meter. Activate the monitor button to listen to the signal.
- Adjust the Threshold value. When the START button is clicked, recording starts once the input level exceeds the threshold.
- Click STOP to stop recording. The recorded sample appears in a small box below the waveform window and can be dragged and dropped to Sounds from there or be deleted by clicking on the small X in the upper right corner of the box.