Since version 5.0.3, KONTAKT offers a convenient way of updating the outdated KONTAKT Audio Units plug-ins used in your projects. When opening an old host project in which either KONTAKT 2, KONTAKT 3 or KONTAKT 4 were used (including all PLAYER versions), KONTAKT 5 is automatically instantiated instead if the original plug-in version is not found. This means there is no need to install previous KONTAKT versions on a new system in order to open older song projects, or to manually replace all outdated KONTAKT instances.
Note: This feature is only available for plug-ins loaded as Audio Units in Logic Pro 9.1.7 or higher (including Logic Pro X). It is not available to the VST or RTAS / AAX platform.
To migrate an existing project containing older versions of KONTAKT to KONTAKT 5, do the following:
- If Logic Pro is running, quit it.
- Go to Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > Components
- Move all components that are part of previous KONTAKT versions to another location on your system so that only KONTAKT 5 is visible in the components folder.
- Start Logic Pro and open a song using an older version of KONTAKT (prior to version 5.0.3). The respective channel in Logic has replaced the missing plug-in with KONTAKT 5.
- Resave your Logic Pro project.