If your product installation disk does not work as expected, follow the steps described in the article to resolve the issue.
1. Basic Troubleshooting
- Try ejecting and reinserting the disk to see if it works afterwards.
- Check the bottom of the disk for any obvious imperfections.
- If possible, try inserting the disk into a different computer to test if the disk works there. If so, proceed with step 2. If it does not work on the other computer as well, the disk might be corrupt.
2. Creating a Disk Image
If the installation disk works on another computer, you should be able to install your product by creating a disk image of the problematic disk on your hard drive and then running the installation from this image. First insert the disk that gave you problems during the initial install into the computer where it is recognized. Then follow the steps below to create a disk image and use it for installation:
Mac OS X
- Go to Macintosh HD: Applications > Utilities and run the Disk Utility. On the left-hand side of the Disk Utility screen, you will see all drives on your computer. Click on the name of the DVD in question. In this example, we are selecting Battery 3 Disc A.
- Click the New Image button at the top of the Disk Utility window and select the settings shown on the screenshot below, then click Save. Creating the image will take a few minutes.
- Copy the image to a DVD, USB stick or external hard disk and transfer it to the desktop of the computer where you wish to install your NI product.
- Place the first installation disk from the original DVD set into the computer and run the installer again from the beginning.
- When the installer asks you for the disk that did not work before, just double-click the image file (.dmg) on your desktop instead of inserting the physical disk again. The image should mount as a readable disk and be recognized by the installer.
Note: If your product comes with only one disk (e.g. MASCHINE), just double-click the image file (.dmg) on your desktop. It should mount as a readable disk so you can get your product installed from there.
- First install a 3rd-party image creation software such as Daemon Tools which can be downloaded here.
- Create a disk image (this will take a few minutes.) A guide on how to create a disk image with Daemon Tools can be found here.
- Burn the disk image you created to a Dual-Layer DVD. We recommend the free 3rd-party burning software ISO Recorder which can be downloaded here. After finishing the ISO Recorder installation, insert a blank Dual-Layer DVD R into the computer. Right-click the .iso disk image and select Open With…, then choose ISO Recorder. In the ISO Recorder software, click Next to burn the disc image to the DVD R.
- Place the first installation disk from the original DVD set into the computer you wish to install your NI software on and run the installer again from the beginning.
- When the installer asks you for the disk that did not work before, just insert the DVD you just created instead of the original DVD.
Note: If your product comes with only one disk (e.g. MASCHINE), just insert the DVD you just created into your computer and start the installation from there.