This article explains how to setup TRAKTOR for use with your 3rd-party TRAKTOR READY controller.
Note: You can find a list of TRAKTOR READY controllers for TRAKTOR PRO 2 here.
The configuration is done automatically by the Setup Wizard. The steps below will guide you through the process.
- Make sure your controller is correctly installed by following the instructions in the product manual.
- If you are using a Native Instruments controller as well, disconnect it from your computer before you start the Setup Wizard.
- The Setup Wizard will overwrite your current settings. If you wish to keep them for future use, you should backup the file "Traktor Settings.tsi" which is stored in the directory Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor 2.x.x.
- When you start TRAKTOR for the first time, the Setup Wizard will open automatically. Otherwise go to the TRAKTOR Preferences and click the Setup Wizard button in the lower left corner.
- First you'll be asked to connect your external devices to the computer. If you haven't done so already, connect the TRAKTOR READY device and click on Next.
- Now you are asked if you are using an external controller. Select Yes, then click Next.
- Select the manufacturer and model of your controller, then click Next.
- Now you are asked if you are using an external mixer. If you choose Yes from the menu, the Output Routing will be set to External Mixing. If you choose No, it will be set to Internal Mixing.
Note: If you are using TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2, this step will be omitted since the Preferences are set to External Mixing by default.
- Choose your Deck Layout, then click Next. In this example we choose the basic 2 Track Decks layout.
- The next page sums up the settings you made. Click Finish to confirm the settings you made.
Note: If your controller does not work as expected after carrying out the steps described above, find further help in the Related Articles section below.