The MD5 checksum allows to verify that a downloaded file is complete. If you experience any problems with a downloaded file even after trying to download several times and after using a download manager with resume function, we recommend to generate the MD5 checksum for the ZIP file on your computer and provide this in your request to our Technical Support team.
How to create the MD5 checksum
- Open the application Terminal. You will find it in the following directory: Applications > Utilities
- Type in "md5 " (be sure to include the blank following md5).
- Drag and drop the downloaded file onto the Terminal window.
- Click on the terminal window to make sure that it is the foremost window.
- Hit the Return key on your keyboard.
Windows does not have an inbuilt MD5 tool, so you have to use a third party tool for this purpose. If you search the internet for the terms "free"+ "md5" + "checksum" you should find various free programs allowing to generate an MD5 checksum.