In this article you will learn how to load the X1 template for Serato Scratch Live 2. As a result, you will be able control Serato with your X1 controller. You can find a list of all knob and button assignments of the X1 Template in the section 5.2 Serato Scratch LiveTM 2 of the Controller Editor Template Documentation English. This document is located in the Controller Editor's Documentation folder.
Setting Up Controller Editor
- Make sure the latest version of the Controller Editor for your computer's operating system is installed. You can download the latest versions of Controller Editor from the DRIVERS & OTHER FILES section on the NI website.
- Connect the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 to the computer and open the Controller Editor software.
- In the Templates tab, click Edit > Append and choose the Serato Scratch Live 2.2 template from the drop-down menu.
Setting Up Serato Scratch Live 2
- Make sure you have the latest updates for your Serato Scratch Live 2 software. Please visit the manufacturer's website for more information.
- Copy the file "SSL2.2_X1.xml" from the following folder:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments > Controller Editor > Template Support Files > "SSL Mapping"
- Windows: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > Controller Editor > Template Support Files > "SSL Mapping"
- Paste the copied file into the following folder:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Music > ScratchLIVE > "MIDI"
- Windows: C: > Users > *Your User Name* > My Music > ScratchLIVE > "MIDI"
Note: If the MIDI folder does not exist inside the ScratchLIVE directory you have to manually create it.
Loading the MIDI Mapping in Serato Scratch Live 2
- Open Serato Scratch Live 2.
- Click on Setup at the top of the screen.
- Go to the MIDI tab.
- Select the entry SSL2.2_X1 in the MIDI Presets.
- Confirm by clicking Load.