To load multiple samples into one cell within BATTERY 4 follow the steps below:
- Go to the BATTERY 4 Preferences menu (File > Preferences).
- Click the Loading tab. In the Samples area BATTERY 4 is set by default to Expand Over Multiple Cells when loading multiple samples.
- To change this behavior so that BATTERY loads multiple samples in a single cell, select the option Merge in One Cell.
- Load several samples in one cell via drag and drop. After importing you will find each sample listed separately in the Editor tab. Here, it is possible to set up each sample to be triggered individually depending on a specified velocity value.
- Alternatively, when Expand over Multiple Cells is chosen in the Preferences, selected samples will be distributed over individual cells when loaded. This method facilitates the creation of drum kit. For example, drag and drop a bass drum, snare drum, clap and a hi-hat collectively to the cells area. The samples will be loaded into 4 separate cells, where they can be triggered individually.