In a standard Timecode control setup, each turntable or CD player is assigned to one specific TRAKTOR Deck. If you have only one turntable or CD player at hand and want to use Scratch Control, TRAKTOR allows you to alternate Timecode control from one turntable or CD player between two Decks or more in TRAKTOR. Follow the below steps to perform in this setup.
- Go the Input Routing tab in the TRAKTOR Preferences and select the same inputs of your audio interface for both the Input Deck A as well as the Input Deck B. Your turntable or CD player needs to be connected to this particular input channel on your soundcard.
Note: You can use this setup to switch Timecode control between all 4 Decks. In this case, the instructions apply equally to Deck C and Deck D.
- Click on the Deck letter for both Deck A and Deck B.
- From the drop-down list, select Scratch Control for each Deck. Now both Decks A and B are set up for Timecode control.
- Load a track into Deck A and start playback by running your timecode vinyl or CD.
Note: If the Deck is not responding to timecode control, make sure either Absolute or Relative Mode (CD / turntable icons next to the Play button) are engaged.
- Load your next track into Deck B and activate Timecode control for this Deck by clicking either the Absolute or the Relative Mode button. You can now control Deck B while Deck A is playing internally.
You can now switch Timecode control back and forth between the Decks as needed by repeating this operation between Decks A and B. As soon as you engage Absolute or Relative Mode for one Deck, the other Deck will always seamlessly switch to internal playback mode. If you wish for the Timecode control to engage automatically instead of pressing the Relative / Absolute Mode button, enable the option Switch to Absolute Mode when loading in TRAKTOR Preferences > Timecode Setup.
When this option is enabled, you can engage internal mode in the running Deck (Play button is active), then load the nex track in the opposite Deck. This will engage the Absolute Timecode mode automatically for that Deck. Place the needle on the record / start the track on the CD in order to resume Timecode control on the corresponding Deck.