Note: Find a video tutorial about using Cruise Mode here.
The Cruise Mode in TRAKTOR PRO 2 allows you to automatically play back all tracks contained in the currently selected Playlist. This is a useful feature for situations where you may need to leave your computer or want TRAKTOR to automatically play through a prepared playlist. The below steps will show you how to start the Cruise Mode.
- Select the Mixer view in the top right-hand corner of TRAKTOR.
- Go to Preferences > Mixer and adjust the Auto Crossfade Time. This parameter allows you to adjust the length of the automatic transitions between your tracks. Set it to the desired duration and close the Preferences.
- In the TRAKTOR Browser, go to the Playlists folder and select a Playlist you want to play back automatically.
- Drag and drop the first track into Deck A and press Play to start the playback.
Note: Make sure Deck A's volume fader is turned all the way up.
- Activate Cruise Mode by clicking on the Cruise Mode button on the top right-hand corner of your screen. TRAKTOR will automatically load the next track into Deck B and pull its volume fader down.
Now as the track playing in Deck A reaches its end, Deck B will automatically begin playback. A fade corresponding to the Auto Cross Fade Time settings will be created between the two tracks. It is also possible to manually fade to the next track instead of waiting track to finish. Simply pull the volume fader of the currently playing Deck down or the fader of the other Deck up. The faders need to be always pulled fully up or down, otherwise Cruise Mode will not continue to run correctly.