This article summarizes new features, improvements & fixes introduced in TRAKTOR's latest software release.
Important Notes on TRAKTOR 3.0.0, released on October 18th, 2018
- Fully overhauled User Interface: improved information hierarchy, consistency in design and colours throughout all panels of the application, drop down menus, dialogs, full width hot-cue buttons.
- Scratch for All: DVS functionality completely merged into Pro. Timecode control can now be used with any mixer or audio interface.
- New Time Stretching: New algorithm Elastique 3.
- Professional Metering: Increases accuracy of channel and master level meters with highly visible clipping indicator, visualisation of limiter gain.
- Mixer FX: 8 one-knob Mixer Effects: Reverb, Dual Delay, Dotted Delay, Flanger, Time Gater, Noise, Crush, Barber Pole.
- Master Control Panel: All relevant master controls now grouped in the center of the Global Section, including new Master Limiter
- Reverse Playback: Applicable with auto-enabled Flux mode without dropping out of sync.
- Beat grid now displays the downbeats of musical bars with a thicker line.
- S2 MK3 Support: the new S2MK3 is fully supported by Traktor Pro 3.0.0, including a low latency ASIO driver for Windows.
- Warning for "Optimise Mac Storage": users of macOS High Sierra are now warned not to use the new option "Optimise Mac Storage" which caused issues with Traktor.
- Key detection: improved accuracy, especially for short samples.
- Headroom applied to Mix Recorder: recordings can no longer clip when the master output is on a correct level.
- External MIDI vs. Ableton LINK Preselection: Added user preference allowing to preselect the external sync mode (External MIDI Clock vs. Ableton LINK).
- New Panel for External MIDI Sync: The controls needed for synchronising TRAKTOR to External MIDI Clock signals are located in a new panel that only shows when MIDI (EXT) is selected as external sync source.
- Renamed Latency to Buffer Size: the user preference setting the number of samples for the audio buffer has been renamed from "Latency" to "Buffer Size".
- iTunes .xml related crash: Faulty files referenced in the iTunes .xml no longer cause TRAKTOR to crash.
- Seamless switching between all effects: rapidly scanning through all effects while they are on air no longer causes audible glitches
- Open context or drop-down menus are now automatically closed when opening another one.
- Sorting with APFS file system: alphabetical sorting of files and folders in the Explorer node is now established also for APFS file system.
The support of WMA files has been removed.
Note: You can find an overview of all software fixes and changes in Native Access by clicking the Traktor Pro 3 entry in the Installed products list and selecting the Changes tab in the product info panel.