We support an open and friendly environment in the Support Community. It’s your platform for asking questions, sharing information, and giving feedback. And everyone comes with unique experiences, opinions, and perspectives that make the Support Community even more valuable.
In the Support Community, though, it’s important to be respectful of one another and Native Instruments, act with good intentions, and use good judgment. Assume that others are doing the same, unless they prove otherwise. You are responsible for your own actions while participating in this Support Community.
Here are some things to remember in the Support Community:
- - Be respectful, friendly, and sincere
- - Use appropriate tone and language
- - Encourage others, especially new users
- - Share what you know
- - Ask for help and help others
- - Provide constructive, helpful answers and feedback
- - If experiencing an issue or crash, give enough detail, including screenshots and links if needed
- - Relax and have fun!
Here are some things we do not permit in the Support Community:
- - Do not post or link to information that is deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, harassing or hateful
- - Do not post or link to offensive or inappropriate content or content intended to be inflammatory
- - Do not post or link to content that promotes or encourages illegal activities, sexual services or products, or pornography
- - Do not post or link to viruses, bots, worms, trojan horses or other malicious software, or utilize the Support Community to post, link to, generate, distribute or promote any kind of spam
- - Do not post or link to content that violates anyone’s intellectual property rights (including copyright, patent, trademark, publicity, moral and other property or proprietary rights) or which you do not have the right to post or link to. You may link to other Support Community content or publicly available Native Instruments documentation if appropriately attributed and relevant.
- - Do not post or link to content that violates any person’s privacy rights
- - Do not post or link to confidential information of Native Instruments, its partners, affiliates or vendors or any third party
- - Do not misrepresent yourself or lie about your identity or affiliation or falsely imply any association or sponsorship by Native Instruments
- - Do not solicit Support Community members for any commercial purpose. Do not solicit Support Community members to interact with you outside of the Support Community to obtain support.
- - Do not advise other Support Community members to contact Native Instruments Support
- - Do not post or link to content that disparages Native Instruments, its vendors, partners, or affiliates
- - Do not utilize or interact with the Support Community in any way that violates the Native Instruments End User License Agreement
- - Do not provide inaccurate answers to questions; if you don't know the answer, it's better not to comment
We reserve the right to immediately remove any posts that do not conform to our Community Guidelines. We also reserve the right to temporarily or permanently suspend or bar a user who violates these Community Guidelines.
To report behavior or content that violates or is inconsistent with these Community Guidelines, please let us know.