This article explains how to update the firmware of your Native Instruments audio interface or controller. Firmware updates improve various aspects of the device, including performance and compatibility. For this reason it is recommended to regularly check for new firmware updates.
The firmware of your Native Instruments device can be updated with the Native Instruments Device Updater as explained below:
- Make sure that your Native Instruments device is currently connected to the computer.
- Download the latest Device Updater for your Native Instruments device from the Drivers & other Files section on our website.
- Close your web browser.
- Open your download folder and run the file "DeviceUpdater".
- This will open up an Update panel where you will see the name and current firmware number of your device, as well as the firmware number to be installed.
- Click on the Update button to start the firmware update process.
- A dialog box will ask you to stop any audio playback. Quit all applications which might output audio and confirm again by clicking Update. The soundcard will flash during the update installation.
- At the end of the procedure, the panel will confirm the successful installation. Click on Exit to leave the panel.
- The firmware of your Native Instruments device has now been successfully updated.